Friday, September 10, 2004

National Youth Forum

Well, the National Youth Forum submission deadline was today. Managed to crash out an essay in the middle of all the craziness that's happening around me. Gosh. Well, only 50 people in Singapore are going to get in, so it's not HIGH chances for me, but I've got to hope right? Nevertheless, I've already gained something from the whole exercise. I set out to write an application essay on the challneges in Singapore, and winded up producing a BHAG vision for myself! Heh..

More and more I wonder how I get through. Somedays I feel invincible, there are so many ideas I have and so many things I want to do, and I'm capable enough to do whatever I want to. Other days, I feel like I'm just a pretender, trying to squeeze into these forums, working with THC and the Youth Inc project and trying to be a highflying PSC type, when actually I'm not good enough and everything's going to come crashing down around me. Some day, they're going to find out, and I'm going to find out, that I'm nothing but a BIG FIRECRACKER (da pao), make a lot of noise, and bang, and nothing's accomplished in the end.

Can I really really change the world?

No comments: