Saturday, March 31, 2007

Changing Appetites

Key and I ate at Changing Appetites last weekend, at Marina Square, next to Carl's Junior. It smelled really good and the price looked reasonable...

The service was enthusiastic, but it pretty much fitted the casual atmosphere. In the sense that it was not really impressive.

So the food arrived, and mine looked like this.



Presentation was nice right? But the taste was lacking. The rice was dry and tasted worse than just plain Thai steamed rice. And the fish texture was a bit closer to dried wood.. I imagine, this is what healthy food tastes like. Now that I'm researching, the review I linked above said the same thing about the fish!

The vegetables were pretty fresh though!

We also ordered dessert, but I forgot to take a picture of the waffles. The waffles were really good though! The waffles themselves were tasty, went well with the ice cream, and both the strawberries and bananas were fresh and delectably delicious.

Overall, I would say the main courses were not up to standard, but the dessert was good. Plus, there's a special offer!



So, waffles! but avoid the fish here. At most I'll give it one more try, maybe try the burger and chicken fillet next time. If that's disappointing too, I'll probably condemn the place to just dessert...

No comments: